Tuesday, April 27

Perspective
I had been getting myself worked up this morning. I was pissed, I didn't want to be here, I felt that everything here was bass-ackwards and that I was fed up.

OK, well, I am still all of those things.

But I was standing by the printer, smoke coming out of my ears, when Incompetent But Likeable strolled into the copy room. He asked, "What's the matter, Bunky?" And I told him that I was just frustrated and gave him a little bit of detail as to why.

He said to me, "You want to know why I'm in such a good mood today?"
"Why," I asked.
"Because I'm frustrated too for some of the same reasons and I figured there's no sense in getting worked up about it like I did last week. It's not worth it. So I figured I'd just throw it in their face and be happy."

And that's why he gets the "but Likeable" moniker. It snapped me out of my funk. He's right. There's nothing here that's worth me getting myself pissed about. It's a job. That doesn't mean that I like it, but things could be worse. Right?

No comments: