Thursday, October 23

Six months ago...
Today, I realized, is my six-month wedding anniversary. How do I plan to celebrate? By watching Survivor tonight. Serously though, it's hard to believe six months have gone by since we got married; the time has truly flown. I guess when I think about it, a lot has happened in the past six months. We got married, bought a house, a lot of stuff happened with my company, friends got married.

I consider myself really lucky because my husband is my best friend. We have never fought, at least, not over anything major. I love his family, I think he likes mine (although they are all insane).

So, happy six month anniversary to us.

Things Were Different Back Then
It just hit me last night that it's only been 5 years since I graduated from college, but already, I look at college kids today and realize that the things they take for granted were not around when I was in school. For instance, it seems like every college kid has a cell phone. I had a cell phone in college; it weighed 10 pounds and it was for "emergency use only." It lived in my closet and only came out when I was making the four hour drive home by myself. They have always known the Internet, they own DVD's instead of videotapes, and probably don't even remember cassette tapes. So strange that in that short of a time span, things could be so different.

Back in Uniform
Bad Lady is back in business-appropriate attire today. That is because there is a nano-sliver of chance that the bosses may be back from their leadership retreat today. They took a bus there, and our boss' car is in the parking lot, so I suppose he could pop in to see if anyone needs him. He needs to feel needed.

I'm betting she'll stay the requisite amount of time today, as well.

I also forgot that there's some shenanigans going on in the basement of our building today, they are having food, desserts and a movie in celebration of the Bosses Being Away. I don't know if I will partake; I may go down there to see what movie it is, just to be away from my desk. I have lunch plans, though. My friend Amy is coming to meet me, and I'm bringing her back to my desk, mainly so she can see the Bad Lady because I talk about her so much. It will be like a circus sideshow.

No comments: