Monday, October 13

Diet Club

There is a particularly nasty throng of people who work here who I hereby dub "The Diet Club." Rules for membership in The Diet Club are simple:
1. You must constantly be on a diet. Any diet will do. A string of several unsuccessful diets is especially desirable.
2. You must make it your mission in life to analyze and provide snippy commentary on the contents of other peoples' lunches, particularly if they are NOT on a diet.
Sample commentary: "Do you know how many carbs that has? I couldn't eat that. Are you going to eat that?"
"(stick face close to other person's food and inhale deeply) That smells good. I could never eat it though. Too much fat."

The Diet Club is to be avoided like the plague. They typically eat around 1 and finish around 2:30 or 3. They occupy at least 75% of our kitchen's seating area on any given day. The Diet Club are also very disappointed when they do not have sufficient seating to accommodate all 55 of them at once. If I must be in the same room as TDC, I make sure that I eat quickly and avoid eye contact. Good thing they didn't see my mac 'n' cheese today; they would have been all over it.

No comments: