Sunday, October 26

Just checkin' in
I have just gotten back from the shopping mecca known as Tar-jhay. I love going there when there's nowhere else to be, because I can take my time and look longingly at stuff I will never buy, but still enjoy seeing nonetheless. Such as the entire bedding aisles. Tonight I stopped and touched nearly every fleece and down throw I saw, as well as satiny multicolored throw pillows and bed in a bag sets. I also did the same in the pajama section because I am looking for new lounge-around-the-house wear.

What I did end up buying from Target this evening: a new white fleece pair of gloves and a matching hat (ooh); a "Cord Keeper" hairdryer (aah); new shampoo and conditioner (ooh and ahh). And a couple of other things. I am quite pleased with these purchases.

My husband and I are both depressed because a) baseball is over now for good; b) it's cold and rainy, and has been since Tuesday, and will be all week; c) we won't see sunlight until maybe April. He is downstairs in the basement drinking away his sorrows, I am upstairs blogging away mine. And maybe eating some Halloween candy will help.

Local celebrities
Our wedding announcement appeared in our local citywide rag this weekend, the Stow Sentry. I can't wait for all the phone calls tomorrow from the old biddies who work in the Stow branch of my company.

It's that time again
I'm going through the bi-annual panic of, Not Making Enough Money, Barely Breaking Even At the End of the Month, What Alternate Career Choices Should I Be Making At This Point In My Life? You know, that old chestnut. Where I briefly consider taking a part-time job on top of my full-time job just to have extra money to buy fun stuff with. So I think, OK, what options are there, given that there are certain jobs I just won't do? Hmm, perhaps doing holiday help at a store like Bed, Bath and Beyond? Or what about delivering newspapers? Stuffing envelopes? Starting up a resume-writing service? A dog-walking service? Selling Tupperware?

Then I realize that I'm too lazy to do any of those things, and the crisis dies down. For a few months, anyway.

No comments: