Wednesday, October 15

Danger, danger, danger

My wrist is feeling a bit numb. It was feeling better today and so I took off the brace when I got home this evening, and now the numbness has set in.

A co-worker (not the one who was the subject matter of quiz, below), upon seeing my wrist brace, asked what I did. He then rolled up his sleeve and showed me his deformed wrist. He informed me that he sprained his wrist in his 20's (he's in his 50's now) and that it never healed and turned into arthritis. He wears one of those metal arthritis bracelet things that suposedly eases the pain. But so of course, my mind goes into overdrive and I begin thinking, oh god, I'm going to get arthritis! It's my left hand, and I'm left handed. And then I think about my mom -- her hands are gnarled by arthritis. I'm doomed.

Speaking of my mom, and this also fits under my header of (meant to be said in Crododile Hunter voice) "dangah, dangah, dangah," she has already asked me what our plans are for Thanksgiving. And so it begins. That happy holiday time of year.

No comments: