Tuesday, October 14

Hoy es mardes

Today is Tuesday. So here are a few random Tuesday thoughts:

1. My sister in law (happy birthday, Alison) got to see phenom LeBron James this weekend, and when telling us about it, my father in law asked her if she was healed when she looked at him. It is common thought here in Cleveland that LeBron is the second coming of Christ. And yet, he has not even played his first NBA game.

2. I spotted some Canada geese flying south this morning. A sure fire sign of winter. There were a lot less of them this year, I thought. Probably because people are shooting them. Which I don't necessarily think is right.

3. Another sure sign that winter is right around the corner: bags of mixed nuts were on sale at the grocery store.

4. I'm fairly certain that my grocery store parking lot is among the most dangerous locations on earth, including the jungle, Bermuda triangle and Yankee stadium. No one looks before shooting out of an aisle, so pedestrians and vehicles alike are at risk. I've often contemplated waiting until the store closes and all the cars are gone to attempt leaving the parking lot.

5. The wrist is feeling better, thanks for asking.

No comments: