Monday, October 13

I forgot to mention...

Last night I spoke to a very helpful nurse about my wrist injury. I had called the 24-hour nurse helpline that my insurance company has provided. I was feeling a bit fearful due to my in-laws' talk of chipped bones and the like. So this nurse is going through the normal gamut of questions that nurses must ask. What is the nature of the problem? Wrist pain. How long have you had this problem? Since Friday. Then, after a few more questions, she asks, Are you taking any over-the-counter or prescription medications? I tell her that the only thing I take is a prescription birth control pill. Next question: Is there any possibility that you could be pregnant?

OK.
No.
But... even so... what in blue blazes does that have to do with my present problem, which is WRIST PAIN?

No comments: