Wednesday, November 5

What's on tap
Today... I have two newly-purchased Ryan Adams CDs (two were released yesterday -- he's a bit too prolific for his own good) to get me through the Wednesday of Rapid Temperature Drop. I have a change of clothes with me, because after work, it is 99% certain, I am going to the Cavs home opener tonight, so I will see the living legend that is Lebron, up (not too) close and (totally not) personal. My husband scored the tix off EBay, they were only $16 apiece, which worries me because I think the going rate for a ticket for tonight's game is $183,392,400 kajillion. I'm not sure our seats actually are in Gund Arena. We'll see. Also, the tickets haven't arrived yet. They tried to deliver them on Monday, but no one was home and they needed a frickin' signature. Husband's day off is today so they will hopefully deliver them on time. I won't believe the tickets are real until we are through the turnstile.

Changing topics...

We went on a little shopping excursion last night, first to Best Buy, where I picked up Ryan CD #1. Ryan CD #2 was already sold out, which I found a bit odd. Who knew he had so many fans that he could sell out a Best Buy in an obscure area of northeastern Ohio? So then, after putzing around Best Buy for a while and having to drag the drooling husband away from the $8000 flat screen tvs, we went to Borders in search of Ryan CD #2.

But going to Borders for me is a dangerous thing. I feel like the commercial where the woman tells the man he has to control himself as they are walking into the store, and as soon as they are through the doors, he takes off running like a madman. I am the mad(woman) in Borders. Want to buy everything! Shiny, pretty books. Fiction. Non fiction. Two autobiographies of Lebron James (already!!! he's 18 and hasn't even played a week in the NBA!!!). Pretty boxes of stationery. Pretty calendars. Pretty Beanie Babies. Pretty magazines.

Fortunately, Ryan CD #2 was my only purchase. I briefly entertained the notion of buying The DaVinci Code but I think my mom has it and will give it to me if I ask. Also briefly entertained the notion of buying Dude, Where's My Country but maybe will try to find it used on Amazon. After all, we be poor right now.

Then I waited in the car listening to Ryan CD #1 while the husband ran in to Wal-Mart to look for a cheap Cavs shirt to wear to tonight's game.

We got home in time to see 24, which kind of bored me up until the end. I hate Spawn. Even now that she has a more useful purpose in the overall plot. Two seasons of Kim-hate are not easily forgiven or forgotten.

Kitty went spastic last night during 24 and tried to jump into the bookshelf and broke a really nice beveled glass picture frame that we got for a wedding gift. I was peeved at kitty. Sometimes he just flips his lid and does things he wouldn't ordinarily do.

I ended the night with a Real World/Rich Girls Meh Fest. Nothing to blog about.

And that brings me... here. It's about 70 outside, with an expected drop of about 30 degrees today. Fan-freakin-tastic!

Go Cavs.

No comments: