Tuesday, November 25

Book report
The book I'm currently reading is Spy Girl by Amy Grey. It's one of those books that I knew nothing about prior to picking it up while browsing at Borders. But I'm totally the "judge a book by its cover" kind of person. If the cover is striking, I pick it up. Spy Girl is bright, hot pink with big black letters. The title kind of struck my fancy, too, as it's always been a secret dream of mine to be a private investigator.

Anyhow, the book is kind of a disappointment. It's your typical, mid-20's woman living in New York City, experiencing the bar scene, dating disasters... peppered with some interesting anecdotes about her job as an investigator. The book doesn't so much have a plot, as much as it just rambles from one anecdote to the next.

I'm about halfway through and I can't say I'd recommend it.

Read any good books lately?

No comments: