Tuesday, November 11

Class Notes
My high school alumnae newsletter came in the mail yesterday. I went to an all-girls, Catholic high school, from which I am still recovering. As well as from the 8 years of Catholic schooling I received prior to high school. But that's beside the point.

One of the main things that my all-female high school really tried to drill into our impressionable, blossoming minds was that women can do anything men can do, and we should aim for the sky to try and reach our goals.

So in my class notes, I want to see that Suzy Soandso has been promoted to Chief Rocket Scientist, Bonnie Whatshername got her Masters degree, Katie Whosiwhatsit traveled to Cambodia and is teaching.

But instead, I got, Suzy Soandso is engaged! Bonnie Whatshername got married last month to Scott Whatshisface. And Katie Whosiwhatsit and her husband Bobby welcomed little Connor Whosiwhatsit into the world.

Which is all fine and good. I'm glad my high school friends are getting married and having children. But I want to hear about their accomplishments! What have they done with their lives besides meet a man?

No comments: