Tuesday, November 11

Legacy Village
I finally was inside the new shopping phenomenon known collectively as Legacy Village. I voyaged there with my friend to have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. While we sweated out the over-an-hour wait, we decided to walk over to some of the shops. Without exchanging a word between us, we both made a beeline toward Crate & Barrel. I wanted to buy this pillow, but a) there's nothing in my house that matches it and b) I couldn't just buy one, I'd have to buy two, and I couldn't justify spending $60 on two pillows. Besides, my husband would kick my ass. So instead I bought two of these mugs (the candy cane striped ones)and one of these candles. Not too bad. I think it was only about $20 that I spent. It could have been a lot worse.

Cheesecake Factory was worth the wait, for the cheesecake alone. The food was good, not great. I ate some kind of chicken club sandwich with avocado. It was on greasy toast so I had to wipe my hands every time I took a bite. My friend had a cheese steak which she reported was good. And the cheesecake? The most important part? Me: chocolate rasberry truffle. Her: pumpkin pecan. Both? Excellent.

One thing I'll say about it, though: we had the slowest service I've had since Alice Cooperstown on Saturday. It took her 15 minutes to get our drink order, another 15 to bring it to us, and another 15 after that to take our order. By the time we got out most of the stores were closed, and we had planned on another shopping extravaganza. I wanted to go to Ann Taylor Loft, she wanted to go to Talbots.

We did, however, go into Coldwater Creek, and I found this jacket that I wanted to get but decided against spending the money.

We had a good time, though. And we'll be back, credit cards in hand.

No comments: