Sunday, November 23

Cultural phenomenon
Here's a piece we all can enjoy: the cultural phenomenon wherein, whenever you're at a bar listening to a band, there's always that one weird guy who dances when no one else is. And he's usually an older gentleman who's had a few too many to drink.

That guy was at my husband's show last night.

Tuna noted this phenomenon when she spotted Gene Gene the Dancing Machine while she was out and about the other night.

The guy who I saw was doing a dance move that I'd like to call "The Crane." It involved the flapping of arms to simulate wings, and moving up and down, not necessarily in tune with the music. Mixed in with a little Russian leg kicking. It was quite a sight.

After the show I was introduced to said gentlemen, and it turns out that he is in the band that is going to be headlining the New Year's Eve show that my husband's band is playing at. So I have not seen the last of Crazy Dancing Guy.

Nor have you. Because he's everywhere.

No comments: