Tuesday, September 14

The Benefactor
So we're eating dinner last night, and I have "The Benefactor" on the TV in the living room and I can't stop watching it.

"What's this show about?" my husband asks.
"Uh..." I say, and a long pause follows. "I'm not really sure, to be perfectly honest."

And then I start fumbling through an explanation. "There's this rich guy, Mark Cuban, I've never heard of him, but there's these people and they're competing for a million dollars."

"Like the Apprentice?" he asks.

"I don't know. So far they're just sitting around talking. He already kicked someone off."

"Oh."

Post-show analysis: Mark Cuban kind of bugs me, and I haven't quite put my finger on why yet. I think he may remind me of someone I know. The goofy quality to this show (see the Jenga match for an example) appeals to me, but I'm lukewarm on the contestants at best. I will give this show one more week to wow me and then I will make my decision.

No comments: