Monday, December 1

Mission accomplished
The wallpaper is up. I repeat, the wallpaper is up. This is not a drill.

For those of you who have never hung wallpaper before, I do not recommend it. Paint is the way to go.

What a total nightmare. That was an entire Saturday of hell. The first pattern we bought didn't quite match up when we started putting it on the wall, so we went back to the store and bought a second pattern. That worked well. The pattern we got is called "sky crackle" -- it's a light, sky blue, with a crackle texture pattern. Easy to match, and looks great. We bought a new shower curtain too, which has some of the light blue but also some sage green and yellow... it really brings the room together. I'm so happy that it's done!

But man, seriously. Never again. I wasn't even the hanger -- I was only the measurer and cutter, and I woke up Sunday and my entire body ached. Probably because I'm an out-of-shape wuss, but that's beside the point.

I'll have a picture someday... in addition to not having a tv by the computer, I still have one of those old-fashioned cameras that only take film. I need to get with the program.

No comments: