Tuesday, December 23

Happy holidays
Whatever holiday you're celebrating, even if it's just the "day off of work" holiday, which is always worthy of celebration, I hope that all of you enjoy yourselves. Be safe, and watch out for falling Christmas trees and those bah humbug moments that suck the joy out of the season.

I will be enjoying the next couple days by doing a tour of northeast Ohio. Will be visiting several sets of relatives scattered throughout the region. Tomorrow I will be making the MPF (mince pie face, for those of you not familiar with Tuna's newly-coined term), at some pickled herring, and finding a polite way to decline. The sight of it makes me want to hurl, and it is a tradition in my husband's family to eat it Christmas Eve. Repugnant, repellant shiznit, if you ask me.

On Christmas Day there will be three stops -- first at my in-law's, then at my dad's sister's house, and then at my mom's house. It's fun when your parents are divorced and you have tons of in-laws to visit, no? I'm sure it will only get worse when we have kids. At that point, I think we'll be calling the shots. Anyone who wants to see us can come see us at our house.

I'll be relieved when it's over... anymore the holidays are just exhausting for me. Aren't I brimming with Christmas cheer?

On an interesting side note... my mom ran into the parents of an old friend of mine in the grocery store twice in the past week. My old friend is apparently home for Christmas. We haven't spoken in, I'm guessing, 6 or 7 years. She is living in Manhattan and doing the struggling actress thing. You may remember her as the jury foreman on some random episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. OK, I don't remember her either. So I'm having some weird mixed feelings about calling her. On one hand, I'm curious to see how she's doing. On another hand, I don't know that we have much to say to each other beyond the catching up stuff. We'll see.

Hope all of you are doing well, may your days be merry and bright!
Or something like that.

No comments: