Thursday, December 11

Have a cup of cheer (with a chaser of bitterness)
As a special holiday treat, we received a memo this morning from management, saying that casual Friday has "deteriorated" from its original intent and thus, they are revising the policy and eliminating jeans, tennis shoes, sweatshirts, sweatpants, t-shirts... basically my entire casual wardrobe. They would like us to wear "slacks" and sports shirts (??), mock turtlenecks and sweaters. Well, other than what I wear Monday through Thursday, I don't own any of the previous items. I have sweaters, but they are sweaters I'd wear with jeans. Mock turtlenecks? Puh-leeze.

This is not going down well in the office. Bad Lady crumpled up her memo and slammed it into the trash can. Which kind of make me chuckle.

In other news, I was at the printer, approving color proofs for Big-Ass Project at 7:30 a.m. which meant I left my house at 6:30. I thought to myself as I was driving, "so this is what the buttcrack of dawn looks like!" Mind you, I usually don't wake up until 7:15. I'm definitely not what you would call a morning person.

And I'll be back at the printer later this morning to approve Big-Ass Project on press. Then again at 2. The upside to this? After giving the boss my itinerary, he told me not to bother coming back to the office after the 2:00 press check. Bonus for me. I'll go home and slip into my now-forbidden favorite pair of jeans, the skankiest, oldest sweatshirt I can find, and savor the bone I've been thrown.

No comments: