Monday, December 22

Setting: auto-pilot
So I figure, it's past noon, I haven't done any work so far, why start now? I spent most of the morning in a novocaine-induced stupor, and sharing with my co-worker pals what I think my husband is getting me for Christmas (which is just a hypothesis at this point; I could be way off the mark on this one. And since he reads this from time to time, I will refrain from putting into words what I think "it" is.) Then we had a "staff meeting" which consisted of the four of us who comprise the design staff going over our schedules for the week (jack and squat) and then bitching about some of the recent developments in our company, such as the "no jeans" memo, the 10 years' notice for vacation, etc. Which took up the greater part of the 11 o'clock hour.

So now here I am, waiting out the 20 or so minutes before I'll take out my lunch (I'm not allowed to eat anything yet anyway -- dentist's orders). Plus, the dull numbness in my back molar area has mutated into an acute, throbbing pain. Should have anticipated this and brought mush food to eat, but didn't. I will probably have some difficulty crunching down on my apple.

The cherry on top of my day: Bad Lady just said to me, "You sure get a lot of cavities!"

My response: "I know. But thanks for pointing that out."

No comments: