Monday, December 29

Back to the grind
So far at the office today... I found out one of my coworkers is pregnant. I'm happy for her -- it was totally unexpected for her, and it kind of sidelines some of her career plans, but I think it will be a good thing.

I have gotten the updates on everyone's holiday. No one enjoyed theirs except Incompetent but Likeable, who flew to Arizona for the week.

I have listened to some new CD's. I got Josh Rouse, "1972" which I am enjoying, and Jonesarelli let me borrow Sheryl Crow's greatest hits, of which I burned my own copy, sans some of the bombs. I really enjoy some of Sheryl Crow's music but some of her songs (the ones that get overplayed) I really, really can't stand. The biggest offender: "Picture," her duet with Kid Rock. Hated it from the get-go.

Other than that, the phone has not rung once for me (knock wood) and I am delaying doing any actual work until I absolutely run out of options. And since the blogging universe is rather silent this morning, those options are getting slimmer and slimmer.

I'm looking forward to New Year's Eve. The band is playing, there's a buffet dinner before hand at the place, and my friend Amy is coming to hang with me, as well as my sister-in-law and her on-again, off-again, currently on-again boyfriend. The bar is in a town right outside of Kent, called Brimfield. I have heard it called (sorry if this offends anyone) Brim-tucky, if that gives you any idea of the surroundings. At least it's better than the winery in the serious frickin' middle of nowhere.

That's all that's happenin' here... off to see if anyone has posted anything anywhere that will help delay my productivity further...

No comments: