Tuesday, December 16

Excess
Reading Patent Pending and his anecdote about waiting in line for Christmas cards reminded me of my own Christmas card problems. Though, unlike him, my problem is that I buy too many cards. Case in point: in early November I ordered the cutest matching Christmas cards and labels from a catalog. Around that time I also found a box of leftover cards from, I'm guessing, three or four years ago. I was stoked at the find.

Then, when rooting around in a box in our basement, I found two more half-used boxes of cards, from two years ago and last year, respectively. More stoke-age.

And that didn't stop me from buying the cutest pack of cards at Tar-jay over the weekend. Whee!

On Christmas tree decorating day, I dug further into the Box o' Decorations and found an unopened box of cards that I bought at Tar-jay last year! Which brings our grand total of boxes of cards to 6.

And the kicker: I write, maybe, 30 cards at the most per year. So I'll have at least 4 boxes left over when all is said and done. Either that or I need more friends. Send me your address -- I'll send you Christmas greetings!

No comments: