Monday, December 1

Here's me this morning,
approximately 5:00 a.m.
Get up to pee.
Settle back in to bed.
*pop* into my mind comes Project A that I know I need to work on today.
*pop* into my mind comes SWF, and her random snubbing of me last week.
*pop* into my mind comes another work-related stressful thought.
And so on, and so on, and so on.
All I want to do is go back to sleep for the remaining moments that I have. But nooooooo, *pop* I start thinking about the balance in my checkbook until Friday ($46). *pop* I start wondering what I'm going to buy my Dad for Christmas. *pop* I wonder if I can clear my mind. *pop* I remember what Ally Hilfiger told Jaime Gleisher on "Rich Girls" when Jaime was stressing about losing her virginity on prom night: tap your third eye 21 times to clear your mind. *tap* *tap* (x21) *pop* SWF -- why the hell wasn't she talking to me last week, is she still pissed about the time when I didn't ride in the elevator with her because I wanted to take the stairs? *pop* What am I going to write in the blog today? *pop* Clear. Your. Mind. Go back to sleep. *pop* Did I remember to change the litter box? *pop* Should I return the sweater I bought at Talbots to wear to the dreaded company party next Friday? *pop* $46 in checking. Holy shit. *pop* Johnny Fairplay. *pop* SWF. *pop* Stressful project. *pop* Boss. *pop* Go. To. Sleep. *pop* What should I wear today? zzzzzzz *sound of alarm going off*

No comments: