Wednesday, December 3

Don't Mess With the Original
One of my main pet peeves in life is when something good is remade into something crappy. For instance:

1. The Charlie Brown Christmas Special. Simply put, you do not mess with this. Under any circumstances. You don't put out a second, more modernized Charlie Brown special and try and pass it off as good. I assure you, it ain't.

2. Anything P. Diddy has ever ripped off via sampling. Examples: Every Breath You Take by the Police. Diddy, you have no business touching this song.

3. In the 80's, we had a really cute, cheesy movie called "Can't Buy Me Love." It starred Amanda Peterson as the snobby rich popular girl, and ?? Patrick Dempsey?? as the nerdy loser guy. By circumstances which escape my brain at the moment, they strike a deal wherein Popular Girl conducts a make-better on Nerdy Loser Guy, and he becomes popular.

In 2003, a movie called "Love Don't Co$t a Thing" comes out, same premise, but more urbanized. I say fie upon it. Don't mess with 80's movies. And if a John Hughes movie gets remade into crap, I will go postal.

4. Hotmail. Question: why is it, I just get used to their interface and they change it again? Funk dat! About once a year, Hotmail revamps its e-mail system, sending me into a months-long tizzy. Let the tizzy commence.

Of course, I'm a total hypocrite. I just bought off I-Tunes (aka virtual crack), mere minutes before posting this entry, the Sugar Ray remake of Joe Jackson's "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" And I must say, it's a catchy little number!

No comments: