Friday, January 30

What was I thinking
What am I thinking about this morning? Here's a sampling.

Deadlines. Because I consider myself a courteous person, I always try and get people the things they need way in advance of deadlines. However, on the flip side, when I try and invoke a deadline, almost no one gets me what I need, when I need it, causing me to scramble to get my own work done.

Babies. Lots of pregnant people in my life right now. Two people in my department at work, another good friend. My husband and I aren't quite ready, yet, but soon. Our families are all ready. My grandma has even purchased a baby outfit for her first great grandchild (she's had it for over a year).

Hairstyles. I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. I had actually forgotten about the appointment, and had planned on coming to the office tomorrow. My hair is getting kind of long -- at least for me. Once it goes down past my shoulders, it's time to cut it. I don't really have a hairsyle, rather, it just kind of hangs. But I'm afraid to do anything. I don't really spend that much time on my hair, just kind of blow dry it and occasionally put a little anti-frizzing stuff on the ends, and a once over with the hairspray, but that's it. So while I'd love to go for something stylish, I can't commit. And no, T Diddy, I'm not getting a femullet or a rat tail. Because I know you were thinking it.

February. The first month of 2004 has come and gone. And while I have cursed daily, multiple times, about the snow, this month has actually gone rather quickly. Feburary is going to be a blur, because it is my busiest month of the year. And this month, we have the added bonus of Leap Year! Whoo!

Shoot. I think Incompetent but Likeable's birthday might be on Monday. I'll consult the birthday list.

MacGyver. My husband unfroze the lock last night. How'd he do it? By rigging up the giant-sized, orange 20000 foot extension cord through our kitchen in order to plug in my hairdryer, which he then blasted at the lock. It worked. He's a regular MacGyver, that man.

No comments: