Wednesday, January 7

A jumpsuit is a jumpsuit is a jumpsuit
My unusual lack of posting yesterday was due to the fact that mid-morning yesterday, my boss threw me a curve ball in the form of: "The photographers are here. [To shoot headshots and some full-length poses of four, count 'em, four, people]. While they're here, why don't you have them take headshots of (insert names of twelve other people not on the original list). Take a lead role on this." And then he disappeared into a portal, never to be seen again until 3:30. So I had to find all these people, tell them they had to come NOW to have their picture taken (which went over so well, let me tell you) and then stand and watch the photo shoot so I knew when I had to scramble to find another person. So that, pretty much, was my day.

I do have this semi-funny story to report about Bad Lady: she was pissed off at me all day yesterday, I mean, every time I came into her line of sight, she made this nasty, scrunched up face, even nastier than usual, and it's all because I called her outfit a "jumpsuit." It was this burgundy, velour...ish thing that looked like something you'd wear on a Saturday afternoon when you're cleaning the toilet. Seriously. So I was like, "Oh... look at you and your jumpsuit!" That's always the neutral comment when you notice that someone has new clothes, but don't necessarily think they are cute.

So she gets really snippy, makes the cat hacking up the hairball noise, and says, "It is a JACKET and PANTS." And then glares at me.

Pardon me for my ignorance. But seriously, I don't even think this outfit would pass on our Not-So-Casual Anymore Friday.

No comments: