Monday, January 12

The long and short of it
Birthday extravaganza weekend went well. My husband loves the MP3 player I got for him, and I love the earrings he got for me. We had dinner at P.F. Chang's on Saturday, which was awesome. We had a reservation for 8 and people were walking in and told that there was a 2-hour wait. And waiting! I had the double pan-fried noodles with chicken. I could eat that every day of my life.

Yesterday we had a low-key celebration for Owen's 30th. Just his family. Except for more drama from my sister-in-law, whose life in a week has more action than a Jackie Chan movie, it was quite uneventful.

Also: I received both a card and a phone call from my mom. It was really nice to hear from her. She seems to be doing well. She's home, going to outpatient therapy, and she said she bought a computer and is addicted to checkers, "to keep her hands and mind busy." Then I got an e-mail from her this morning from work. So things seem to be getting back to normal with her, and I couldn't be happier about that.

All hell is breaking loose at work. We have a big event coming up on Wednesday, and I have to print raffle tickets, certificates, and a bunch of other crap, all last minute. I don't know if I've shared this about myself, but I absolutely HATE last-minute projects. I am the opposite of a procrastinator (an anti-castinator?). I can't stand waiting until the last minute, it makes me nervous. So getting these projects thrown at me at the 11th hour really throws me for a loop. Not to mention the last minute stuff for last week's meeting that I had to do. I swear, most of last week for me was spent printing out crap for that meeting. And not getting any of the 14 other things done that I need to do. Good thing we have an extra person in our department right now that I can give work to. Even Bad Lady pitched in to help.

Now, back to printing raffle tickets. Whee!

No comments: