Friday, January 16



I was going through my files and trying to delete what I no longer needed, and I came across this gem that I thought I'd share with you. This is a photo of me, about moments away from saying something completely assinine to Jim Thome, former Cleveland Indian (he is the guy sitting on the left). I am the one on the far right of the photo, turned to the side. This was at one of our "Turkey Giveaway" days from a couple years ago. I was there volunteering, as usual, with Incompetent But Likeable (who unfortunately is not pictured) and a couple other people. At the time, I was fanatical about the Indians, so upon encouragement from my co-workers, I went up to the Thomenator and asked for an autograph. However, what I said to him was, "Look, Jim, I wore my Indians sweatshirt today!"

He nodded at me like, well, great.

Then I think I mumbled something else, he gave me an autograph, and I have not lived it down to this day. Thank God he doesn't play here anymore or I'd hear about it more often.

No comments: