Friday, January 30

Recommended Reading
I'm currently about 1/8 of the way (which translates to approximately 150 pages -- it's a huge book!) through Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. I think I called it "Gods & Demons" in that now-infamous e-mail thing that Grace sent that we all hit "reply to all" on.

Anyway, this book is the predecessor to The DaVinci Code which everyone in my immediate sphere of influence who has read it, has raved about. And which I have not read, but is on my bookshelf, awaiting its turn.

The premise thus far, is that there is an ancient secret society called the Illuminati, a group of scientists (I think -- this science stuff sometimes is too much for my pea brain to comprehend) who oppose the Catholic church, even though they both seek to answer the same questions (e.g. "What is the meaning of life?" "What is our purpose on this earth?") So this rogue group steals this highly destructive agent known as anti-matter, which is the opposite of matter (again, WAY over my head but I think I get the gist of it enough to follow the story) and infiltrate Vatican City and plan to have it explode during a conference between all the cardinals in the world to decide the next pope. So, as you can imagine, this plot MUST! BE! STOPPED!

It would make a great movie. This is not heavy reading by any stretch of the imagination, and supposedly the Illuminati really exists or existed at some point.

So if you're looking for a way to kill some time, about 700 pages' worth of time, that is, go out and get it. I can vouch for it, at least the first 1/8 of it.

No comments: