Monday, January 26

Hmm
Today has been an interesting day so far. Highlights:

1. Bad Lady came clean about her personal life. This has long been an issue because she has been keeping secret from all of us in the department (except for one, and that one person told us, so it hasn't been so secret) that she a) got divorced; b) met someone new; c)sold her house; d) bought a house with new guy; and e) was going to marry new guy in February. Yeah. This has been going on for over a year. The divorce was finalized in August 2002. I've known since prior to that. But up until today I had to pretend that I didn't know. So she pulled Jonesy and me aside and spilled the beans about everything. It was hard to pretend that this was all news to me. I guess that the wedding is postponed though because something about her 16 year old not getting financial aid for college if they're married. You got me. So anyway, the cat's out of the bag, as they say.

2. Incompetent but Likeable referred me to one of our managers who was looking for a freelance writer/proofreader for a job for his wife, who is starting her own business. Since I'm kind of looking for that type of work, I jumped at the chance. I don't expect this to launch me into a freelance career but it's a nice resume builder (right there under photography director -- LOL.)

3. So far the Snowstorm of the Apocolypse has not hit. But I'm thinking that there's a few minutes before I go home, and it should hit right about then.

No comments: