Tuesday, January 13

Creative my ass
I hold the title of "Creative Director." However, in the past two weeks, maybe even longer, I have not done one creative thing at work, or even had to use my brain at all. My working day has been reduced to putting a giant clip art star on a piece of paper and printing 1000 copies on our color printer and then cutting the sheet into four sections on the paper cutter. How did this happen?

Adopt a Can
This is the latest harebrained idea to come out of Cleveland Mayor Jane Campbell's office. Adopt a trash can! You know you want to! The city is in a shitload of debt, so part of the mayor's brilliant plan to catapult Cleveland out of financial trouble was to contract out the trash cans to whoever wants them. That's right, for a modest fee, you can adopt a trash can and be responsible for emptying it, replacing the trash bag, and removing the trash, preferably out of city limits. What do you, the adoptee, get out of it? Aside from doing your part to clean up the city, nada. You don't get to put your company logo on the trash can, you don't get a sticker that says "This trash can emptied for you by Joe Blow," na-freakin-da. Sounds like a great idea to me. Where do I sign up?

Forgetful
I left my lunch on the kitchen counter again. So I have to go out and get something. Subway? Those "Atkins-friendly" wraps look kind of good. You know, the chicken-bacon-turkey-cheese-mad cow sandwich? OK, maybe not.

No comments: