Friday, January 2

Nothing like blowing a little cash
to raise the spirits. I just spent about $300 on a present for my husband's 30th birthday (the countdown begins! almost a week away) and some stuff for me, since it's my birthday, too. Whee! Obviously I can't say what I got for him, other than, it's a gadget, and something I think he will really enjoy. It's not a puppy. (Which is what I thought he was getting me for Christmas -- I got a coat instead, which I'm quite happy with, and I don't have to take the coat outside to pee, or feed it, or walk it...)

What did I get for me? Well, I got some more books that I've been wanting to read, for starters. Current reading material: Bushwhacked by Molly Ivins. I got this from my mother-in-law for Christmas, and so far, it's a very frustrating, frightening look at the business dealings of Gee-Dubya, as well as some of the legislature that he has vetoed thus far in office, and the bills he has passed which benefit the wealthy instead of us working class schlubbs.

I got a video game for my Game Boy Advance, which is an excellent way to piss away the hours during these cold winter nights of reality t.v. drought.

Next week, though, we have a full roster of bad programming, of which I'll be a joyful viewer:
1. The Apprentice, a show in which contestants compete to become Donald Trump's assistant;
2. My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance, Fox's latest twist on the "marrying a complete stranger for money" genre;
3. Real World 223: San Diego, with a whole new cast of attention-whores

and I think that Average Joe 2, Celebrity Mole: Yukatan and American Idol 3 are all slated to begin in January. Can I get an amen?

Meanwhile, back at the office, *zzzzz*. It's Friday but feels like Monday. I'm all screwed up. My circadian rhythms are all discombobulated. My shizzle is not on the fizzle. Or something like that.

No comments: