Friday, December 17

Red alert
OK, look, the elf hat thing didn't happen. I ended up getting suckered into selling those damn Lance Armstrong wristband bracelet things for charity, and those things went like hotcakes. But anyway, forget about the elf hat for now, we've got a workplace update, and it's a good one!

It has not been 100% confirmed, but I think Screech resigned at the end of the day today.

Long story short: another job offer came her way earlier this week. She was overheard by several people talking about it. One of those people went in and reported it to my boss. I have pretty good reason to believe that it was Bad Lady, because, man, that shit's right up her alley. Yeah, Screech should have been more careful, but man, that's pretty low to run in and tattle-tale to the boss. Especially since we thought a few weeks ago that Bad Lady was looking for another job.

And then add to that that Screech received a fax on our office fax machine from her new employer, which somehow also ended up in my boss' hands. Yikes. Bad move.

So there was this huge, tearful confrontation yesterday, and she was supposed to tell him today what she was doing.

I left early so I didn't hear the outcome, but it looked like she was going to leave. I mean, at this point, she's already pretty much screwed her credibility here, so, it's probably for the best that she goes.

That drama will continue on Monday.

And the timing couldn't be worse as far as I'm concerned, because I'm planning on dropping a bombshell of my own on Monday ...

TO BE CONTINUED

2 comments:

Margaret said...

WHAT??? K@'s going to drop a bomb?? Are you moving here to Germany and want to know if you can telecommute??

GreenTuna said...

A cliffhanger post? Aieeeeeee!