Friday, December 24

Cookie tally
Here's what we've done so far:
1 batch of butter cookie dough: has chilled overnight and is ready to be rolled
1 batch of snickerdoodle dough: has chilled overnight and is ready to be baked
1 batch of peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies: done (and Mr. Bulky did not have the unwrapped kisses so I had to do that by hand -- grr)
2 batches of peppermint bark: done

1 batch of peppermink bark: ruined (poured into a glass baking dish to dry and it wouldn't come out

1 batch of buckeyes: ruined (consistency not solid enough, globs of peanut butter mixture fell into chocolate and had to be retrieved by hand)

Sister in law: on her way over for round two

Now for tonight, I need a fresh excuse not to partake in my husband's grandmother's pickled herring. I'm going to try to play the pregnancy card and see how that flies. I've never had to eat it before, though, so why tarnish my perfect record?

Happy Holidays to all!

3 comments:

Cops said...

Keep in mind, snickerdoodles can buy a whole lot of babysitting.

I'm quite sure herring is on the list of "fish to avoid while pregnant". If not, it should be.

Merry Christmas from the North Shore.

~Cops

GreenTuna said...

Pickled Herring? That's a classic MPF if ever I heard one.

Kat said...

Don't worry, Tuna -- the MPF was in full force with the pickled herring. That stuff is narsty.