Sunday, July 4

What is wrong with me
So how's this for a weird dream? I was a finalist on American Idol (which, by the way, I have dreamed before) and I was singing some gawd-awful Whitney Houston song ("The Greatest Love of All" comes to mind) and we were performing on a high school stage. I got eliminated, and was totally cool with that, probably because I knew the Whitney song was pure cheese.

But then I was allowed to come back and be the backup singer for a friend in the competition (played by Diana DeGarmo). What song did we do? "She's a Bad Mamma Jamma" by Carl Carlton. Except now we were performing in my grandma's old house, and I was sitting on the stairs while Diana worked the crowd in the living room. When the song was over, Simon Cowell came to sit on the stairs with me and told me how absolutely dreadful the song was. Then we were laughing about it together. Diana, however, was devastated.

Seriously, is something wrong with me?

No comments: