Thursday, July 29

Seeing red
Doh.

I just flipped my bitchcakes lid on Incompetent but Likeable. And it totally wasn't his fault.

He came over and asked me to do something for Obnoxious Web Master. Whom I despite with all my heart.

I asked him for specifics, e.g., size, what kind of info, etc. and IBL had to go talk to Obnoxious Web Master to find out.

IBL came back and said, "he says to do whatever you see fit."

My voice reached an octave I thought only possible by communicating dolphins and I screeched, "WHAT does that mean????" Then I very snippily told him that I wasn't going to do it until I had talked to our boss. IBL scurried away.

I have been burned by Obnoxious Web Master in the past and I refuse to do anything without my boss' backing. Nothing is ever simple with him... he asks for a logo, then you send it to him, and it's not the format he wanted. Well, um, TELL ME what format you want and I'll send it to you. I have also gotten into a snark war with him on e-mail when he was being very condescending to me because I didn't use the Psychic Friends Network to glean what stupid bit of web b.s. he was referencing.

I know I've said it before, but I know that the techies deal with computer illiterate people all day long, but I am NOT one of those people. So I don't want to be treated like I'm a child when I'm spoken to.

Anyway, Incompetent but Likeable just felt the brunt of my frustration, and I guess I should apologize.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

P.S. I should also mention that OWM is an albino. Which isn't a big deal but it just paints a picture for you.
-K

Mensch71 said...

Albino Web Masters? Seriously, you should write a book! Glad to know that there are others who vent their frustration on the deserving (just not for this episode).

Anonymous said...

Albinos...hmmm...mad at the world for having melanin and always making melanincompoops of themselves in the process...no I think the genisis of your star trek stuff has been solved.