Wednesday, July 21

Another visitation
I'm beginning to think there's a dead halibut in my yard somewhere.
 
6 a.m. today. An HOUR before my alarm clock goes off. I hear Dom's tail whipping the window shade and crack open one sleep-encrusted eye to survey the situation. His tail is going full force and his face is pressed against the screen. Code red. I throw on my glasses (I am freaking blind) and sit up to look out the window.
 
Sure enough, ANOTHER cat, a totally different one from yesterday, is right underneath the window, looking up. He runs when I come to the window. So naturally, Domino goes nuts and runs around the house looking to see where his buddy went. I close the bedroom window and try (unsuccessfully) to go back to sleep.
 
This had better not be a continuing serial drama of visiting kitties and agitated Dom. Because I am not a nice person when my sleep has been cut short.

1 comment:

Hammie said...

Kat, if you are serious about getting some sleep and preserving yours (and Dom's) sanity, you can buy an outdoor pet repellant at Petco.

Zion (my kitten) thinks it is fun to burrow into my hair and lick my face at 3 in the morning, so I feel your pain.

-Mandy