Friday, July 2

Excuse du jour
Bad Lady was "sick" today, and Incompetent but Likeable is in Florida playing golf, so today's amusing office anecdote is brought to you by Inappropriately Dressed Admin, who is quickly shaping up to make some great blog fodder.

Today, we all went out to lunch and when we came back, IDA was gone for the day. (It was about 1:30.) She told the front desk that "nothing was going on," so she left.

Wow. I wish I had thought of that one.

Her boss is on maternity leave so no one is in control of her department at the moment, but otherwise, I'm thinking she would be SOOOOO gone.

Plus, she just handed a fax from June 18 to someone in her department that contained information on deadlined ads that had to have been placed by the end of June. So those ads didn't get placed and the client is, understandably, pissed.

And this other person has asked IDA for help on numerous occasions and IDA has been "too busy" to help. But she is not too busy to leave at 1:30 today because there was "nothing going on."

Don't you just love how some people's minds work? I wish I could get away with that shit. But it would never even occur to me to try! You know what I mean? It's just so ludicrous (sp? the only spelling that looks correct is spelling it "ludacris" like the rapper).

Have a happy 4th, everybody -- I'm having close to 25 people over so keep your fingers crossed that it won't rain. The forecast doesn't look too promising...

1 comment:

Mensch71 said...

OMG! Wish I had thought of that. Love the IDA nickname - I've got my own DQ (Drama Queen) but that's about it. Must come up with something for the soul sister, hand-waving, polish my toe nails at the office administrative assistant who spends all afternoon watching Oprah. Any thoughts???