Tuesday, July 6

Random list of questions
Stolen from Julie who stole it from Nancy, etc.

Because I can think of very little else to say today... I stole this from Nancy.

What is the geekiest part of your music collection?
Have I mentioned that I like Hall and Oates?

What is your secret guarnteed weeping movie?
Shrek

If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
Screw plastic surgery, I'd have lipo!

Do you have a completely irrational fear?
Tornadoes

What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moment?
Pull at and/or bite my lip

Do you know anyone famous?
My uncle was roommates with Tom Hanks in acting school, does that count?

Describe your bed:
Queen size, always unmade.

Spontaneous or plan?
Plans, and lists, are key to my existence.

Who should play you in a movie about your life?
I'd want someone like Gwyneth Paltrow to do it, but she'd turn down the script and I'd end up with Carrot Top in a dress.

Do you know how to play poker?
Not so much. Kinda, but not really.

What do you carry with you at all times?
Chapstick

What do you miss most about being little?
Summer vacation

Are you happy with your given name?
Now that I have a married name, yes. My last name was too similar to my first name.

How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year?
There isn't that much money in the world.

What color is your bedroom?
Currently it's white plaster walls (not by choice) with a denim blue trim on the windows. It may end up being a light orange color after our little summer project of redecorating gets underway.

What was the last song you were listening to?
"Why Can't I?" by Liz Phair

Have you ever been in a play?
I was in several plays in high school, including the nun's chorus in "The Sound of Music" and the "Male Narrator" in a collection of short Shakespeare scenes (I went to an all girls' school and guys were hard to come by)

Have you ever been in love?
A couple of times

Do you talk a lot?
If I know you well. If not, then I am extremely quiet.

Do transient, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you?
Only when I'm trying to get into Jacobs Field without being bombarded.

Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
Yes

What is your ideal wedding location?
Vegas, baby, Vegas! Smartest thing I ever did.

Favorite fabric?
Satin

Something you both love and hate?
Chicken

What kind of bedding do you use?
I dunno, a bed in a bag of some sort

Do you tell your friends about your sex life?
If I had one, then, maybe.

What's the one language you want to learn?
Italian

How do you eat an apple?
Just crunch right into that bad boy!

What do you order at a bar?
Usually a Diet Coke (not much of a drinker) but I will drink the occasional glass of sissy wine, by which I mean white zinfandel.

Have you ever pierced your body parts?
Left ear -- three holes. Right ear -- one hole. Eyebrow -- large scar from when I was 19 and bought myself a piercing for my birthday. It lasted three months until spring break when I had to take it out lest my mother kill me, and after that the skin rejected the piercing and got all infected and gross.

Do you have tattoos?
No

Would you ever admit to having done plastic surgery any kind if confronted?
What a random question. I don't know. Depends on who asked. If a friend asked I would admit it. If a random busybody asked, I might have a few other words for them.

What's one of the "funniest" things you've ever done?
Funny how? Funny ha ha or funny queer?

Do you drive stick?
No

What's one trait you hate in a person?
Ignorance

What kind of watch(es) do you wear?
I have a Fossil brand watch with a silver link band and a light blue face. Doesn't matter that it doesn't go with every outfit, I wear it all the time.

Most frivolous purchase?
A digital camera from E-bay that is a piece of junk. Doesn't even take good low-res pics, let alone high-res.

Do you consider yourself materialistic?
To a certain extent

What do you cook the best?
Ramen noodles, egg sandwiches

Favorite writing instrument?
Keyboard; or a blue papermate flexgrip pen

Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
I don't mind standing out, but I'm much more comfortable blending.

What's one car you will never buy?
A Kia. Heard nothing but bad things about them.

What kind of books do you like to read?
Oprah books and lately I've had a penchant for crime fiction or non-fiction (I just read a book over the weekend about the Torso Murders that occurred in Cleveland in the 1930's under the watch of then Safety Director Eliot Ness -- fascinating stuff!)

If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Pay off hubby's debt, then get the hell out of Ohio!

Burial or cremation?
Cremation. But, ew, what a gross and random question.

how many online journals do you read regularly?
20

What's one thing you're a sore loser at?
Everything. Ping pong, checkers, spelling bee... I MUST WIN.

What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
Aloof, shy

What do you like to do alone?
Sing loudly to bad music

Are you a giver or a taker?
Giver

When's the last time you cried?
Last Saturday

favorite communication method?
E-Mail

How many drinks before you're tipsy?
Alcohol and my body do not agree, so probably two sips

2 comments:

Mensch71 said...

Nicely done ~ feel free to steal my stolen ideas anytime. And yes, the question about death is creepy. *Shudder*

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your answers! And I missed reading you while I was gone!
~Grace