Monday, June 21

Things that should not be discussed, especially on TV and especially while I am trying to watch my soaps
My two most hated commericals on television right now both are shown in heavy rotation on SoapNet, and I saw both multiple times last night while I was tuned in to the Days of Our Lives marathon.

COMMERCIAL #1:
Ominous sounding male voice: If you don't wash your sheets with [Clorox bleach or some similar product] you may be sleeping in body soil. (More discussion of the gross things that are infesting your sheets, even if you wash them with regular detergent.

Ew. Body soil? I'd be worried about this if strangers were sleeping in my bed. But since I don't go to bed covered in dirt, nor does my husband most of the time, I'm not too concerned.

COMMERCIAL #2:
Three giggling girls at a beach.
Girl #1: Like, ohmigod, you're wearing a BIKINI when you have your PERIOD???!?!?!?
Girl #2: Like, yeah, what's the big deal?!?!?
(some discussion of bloating, cramps, etc. and the product, which I believe is Midol, which is supposed to get rid of all those symptoms.)

Girl #2: I could totally go for a brownie right now.
Girl #3: Oh yeah, she's menstrual.
Girl #1: *giggles*

First of all, WHO HAS THESE CONVERSATIONS? Second of all, WHO HAS THESE CONVERSATIONS?

2 comments:

lifeonhold said...

Ok, I'm squicked out!

babyfishfel said...

I hate both of these commercials too. But I really hate the Lysol commercial where the "germs" are chattering like they're at a cocktail party and then screaming as they get killed. a. it's brutal to extol killing like that, even if it IS germs, especially when you personalize them like that and b. what exactly is gonna happen if I only wipe my counter with a paper towel? oh, and c. the woman just lifts her sponge and wipes under it. Well, duh! Aren't there germs on the sponge, too, lady?