Tuesday, June 29

Excuses, excuses
I have heard some strange excuses for leaving work. Most, admittedly, have come from Bad Lady. My favorite was the "16 year old son has a fever and isn't answering his cell phone" rushing out of the office at 2 p.m. drama.

But Bad Lady has some competition on her hands. Inappropriately Dressed Admin, who is making her debut appearance in the Sketch Factor today, might just have her beat. Let me give you a little background. IDA is about 22, her mom works for this company but not at this office, so that is probably the only reason why she hasn't been fired. But her mom allegedly burned down one of her branches because she left some "Jesus candles" lit overnight. That's a whole other ball of wax, folks. IDA is a chubby girl. Yet IDA insists on wearing tight clothing that accentuates her stomach folds. We're talking skin tight. IDA has worn plastic flip flops ever since the snow disappeared. I think Owen has the same pair of flip flops. They are the ugliest things I have ever seen, even on him. They are flip flops you'd wear into the shower if you lived in a dorm. Not exactly work attire. And she'll wear those flip flops with a nice skirt. It's an enigma. And her toenails are usually painted blue. Either blue sparkle or just plain blue.

So now that you know a little about IDA, I will give you her fabulous work excuse. She left without telling anyone (except the front desk) why she was going home: she had cramps. Not the female kind. LEG cramps. You know, those kinds of cramps that REALLY affect your ability to work AT A DESK, SITTING DOWN ALL DAY.

Give me a freaking break.

4 comments:

GreenTuna said...

Hee! How I love your work stories. What's happening with Bad-Lady-In-Waiting these days? I always picture her wearing a big Medieval unicorn spirally hat...

Anonymous said...

Heeeee, Tuna. I always picture Incompetent But Likeable as Andy Dick's character from NewsRadio!

~Grace

Anonymous said...

Oh man. If you only knew what IBL really looked like. Or how he talked! He is truly one-of-a-kind!

Bad Lady in Waiting! Hmm. Let me think if I have any good stories!

Kat said...

Oh yeah, I had to think for a moment who I had named B.L. in W.

She is on maternity leave. Which means no speakerphone for 3 months! Whoo-hoo!