Friday, February 27

Warning: this post may contain adult content. Parental discretion is advised.
So this is how it's going to be now. The backlash of Nipplegate has created a nationwide panic. Suddenly, this country has morals. Say what?

It began with Janet and Justin being banished from all award show appearances. The nation shall not be subjected to seeing their faces on television ever again, as the reminder of Janet's exposed flesh is too much for some of us to take.

Now, media giant, Clear Channel, is seeking to clean up the content being broadcast on its kajillions of stations. Howard Stern has been pulled off all Clear Channel stations which carry his syndicated show.

We're seeing tons more warnings that "adult content" will be shown on our favorite shows. And I feel that this is just the beginning.

It's quite a strange time, no? I am of the opinion that if you don't like it, change the channel. If you're so worried about seeing objectionable material on television, don't watch. Play a board game instead. Read a book.

Believe me, I'm shocked by a lot of what is shown on television these days. And if I had small children, I would definitely not allow them to watch some of what's on. But I want that choice. If I want to watch Tony Soprano beat the shit out of someone, I'm going to. And I'm going to like it. If you don't, watch Everybody Loves Raymond.

No comments: