Monday, February 9

In the pipeline
This morning while I was getting ready for work, I noticed that Dom was poking around in our spare bedroom, where there is a panel that opens up, exposing the water pipes in the adjacent bathroom. The panel had come totally open, and there was a big enough gap where a cat could definitely fit, and plummet into the basement. So I closed the panel, shooed Dom away, and went back to getting ready. Of course, that was like asking Dom to open it back up again. Sure enough he pried it open with his little kitty paw. So I stacked a big bucket of cat litter in front of it and that took care of business.

But now I'm thinking... I didn't see Molly this morning.

Which isn't unusual, as she is notoriously reclusive.

I'm a bit concerned. What if she was inside the wall and I blocked her in? Would she survive the plunge into the basement? Or will she find her way into the bowels of the house?

If she goes M.I.A. this evening, this will have to be investigated.

No comments: