Friday, February 6

The show
My husband's gig went well last night. The crowd wasn't huge, probably due to the ice storm that was swirling all around us, but still a good group. The bar was pretty cool, except they were playing really strange movies on all the tv's in the bar. First it was "Rock 'n' Roll High School" featuring the Ramones. The second was a movie starring Elvira, Mistress of the Dark. No idea what it was. Just odd.

As we were leaving (after midnight may I add -- *looks around for sympathy*) this long-haired guy sitting at the bar stopped my husband and was like, "What was that fucked up shit you were playing there at the end?" (Owen had closed out the set by doing a guitar solo and he had his guitar next to the amp so he had some feedback going). Owen responded, "I don't know, I was just making it up as I went along." The dude at the bar said, "You should make it ALL up. It sounded good."

Also, there was a Rupert doppleganger spotted carrying equipment into the bar. I think he was in the last band that played (which was WAY past our bedtimes). He had the tie-dye shirt and everything.

The aftereffects of the gig: I am feeling under the weather. I'm not sure if this is the onset of a cold, or if it's just because I haven't been getting enough sleep this week, combined with staying out late last night and the exposure to all the cigarette smoke. I'm all stuffed up. I just may go home early today.

But what does it matter, I'll be back here tomorrow! *again, looks around for sympathy*

No comments: