Thursday, November 18

Shush!
Here is my petty office bullshit of the day:

The woman in the cube next to mine... we can't see each other (no, my cube opens to face Bad Lady, thank you very much). We share a cube wall. And her phone is right next to the shared wall.

So what does she do? She sets up a conference call, IN HER CUBE. And then shushes me when someone comes over and asks me a question.

Hello? Not fifty feet away, we have THREE, count 'em, THREE conference rooms. Each is eqipped with that lovely invention by Alexander Graham Bell, the telephone. (Or did Thomas Edison invent the phone? Oh, who gives a shit.)

*huge eye roll*

Don't shush me. If you choose to set up a call in your cubicle, then you should EXPECT typical office noise. And please don't think about how you are inconveniencing others around you, who have to LISTEN to your entire conversation!

Sorry. I'm not fired up about this, I swear.

P.S. I apologize for excessive use of capital letters in this post.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Those are good ideas, OR, maybe I'll leave my cell phone on my desk and set it on the loudest setting (it plays "La Cucaracha") and then go somewhere and call it and let it ring... that would piss off both of my cube neighors!

Besides, Miss Conference Call does that all the time. That woman has the loudest cell phone I have ever heard. And really, if you have a direct work line, WHY do you also need your cell phone to be on during the day?

/end bitterness

Margaret said...

I think you should change your name to K@.

Johnny Newt said...

HOLY SHIT I LOVE CAPITAL LETTERS! THEY STOMP ASS!!
During Miss dip-shits next conference call , sneak up behind her and scream "STUPID CHICKEN FUCKER !!" then pee all over her chair, Oooh MAN! I love that gag! It use to crack me up everytime !! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH,HA hmmmmmmm he, he hemmmm.