Friday, November 5

No one will notice
I've spent much of the afternoon trying to touch up a photo of a curly-haired woman. I'm trying to remove the background between her curls so I can put a different-colored background behind her. Tra-la.

Over the years that I have worked here, I've seen my fair share of odd requests for photo touch-ups. Here are my favorites, the Hall of Fame of touch-ups, so to speak:

1. A woman had one of those eyes that doesn't quite look at you dead on, so that when you're talking to her, you don't know which eye is actually looking at you. She requested that we give her a new eye. This was easier said than done. And it's not like when anyone met her, they wouldn't notice that in her picture she had two normal eyes, and in person, she had one normal eye and one freakish fucked up eye, right?

2. Several requests for removal of something called "turkey neck."

3. The alternative to the Atkins diet: we'll just shear a little bit off your hips and sides.

4. Extreme makeover: tummy tuck, facelift, wrinkle zap, turkey neck removal, hair tame, teeth whitening, boob enhancement.

It's pretty amazing what Photoshop can do sometimes. It's even more amazing what people will ask us to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe.... I recently saw a picture of myself, taken right after I broke a nail, which, of course, was very noticeable. I was reeeally tempted to photoshop it.
~grace