Tuesday, October 12

So I'm back...
Back again. Guess who's back. Tell a friend.

The wedding was really nice. It was at a person's house in Lincoln Park. The house was like a museum. I bet that one piece of art on the walls cost more than my entire house does. OK, maybe not, but close. It was a beautiful house, but I'd never want to live there. It wasn't homey. You know what I mean? It was nice to look at, but there was no place just to kick back and watch TV, or put your feet up. But anyway, it was a very nice wedding.

We had a good time in Chicago, too. We went to Second City. We used to have a Second City in Cleveland but then it shut down, which is too bad, because I thought the Cleveland show was better than the Chicago show.

Then yesterday, we had the first awful rendition of The Raking of the Leaves. Oh, the humanity! And in a week it will be like we never raked. Then after The Raking of the Leaves, I decided that I hadn't killed my back and arms enough, so I decided to punish myself further with [Knights Who Say "Neet" Voice] The Trimming of the Shrubbery [/KWSNV]. We had a rather wild [KWSNV] shrubbery [/KWSNV] on the side of the house that needed to be tamed, and so I took up the hedge trimmers and went to town on it, much to the detriment of my already aching muscles (if you even want to call them that -- I have no arm strength whatsoever).

To further our domestic adventure we went to the paint store and bought several shades of paint for our kitchen. My husband has the dubious assignment of stripping the wallpaper and painting our kitchen this week while he's off work. I guess I'm glad I'm in the office while this task is taking place! Which is very frightening.

2 comments:

GreenTuna said...

Goddamn it Kat, BUY A LEAF BLOWER. Seriously. The electric ones are about $50 and they are worth. every. penny. We had this discussion last year. Do as I say. Buy one. Save your arms and your back. Do. It. Now.
Green Tuna has spoken. Ahem!

Kat said...

I know. I should have listened to you!
Maybe I'll dispatch my husband to Lowe's to pick one up. He has to go there anyway to buy crap for the kitchen painting fiasco.