Friday, October 29

Halloween
There are clowns. And a mime. And lions and monkeys and elephants. There's even a bearded woman (and it's NOT a costume, btw). I was able to go through their section of the building, and even though the mime started to freak me out, I didn't run away screaming or have to leave the office. My favorite though, is someone who is dressed as a gorilla french maid. I'm not sure what the significance is, but it's pretty amusing.

I really don't understand the big deal about Halloween. I mean, if you're a kid, sure. But once you reach adulthood, what is the appeal of dressing up?

I think the last time I dressed up was sometime in high school. Even though I went to college at one of the biggest Halloween party locations on Earth, I don't think I ever had a costume. Hell, you didn't need one! You just needed riot gear to deal with the drunken crowd.

My favorite costume that I wore, EVER, was when I went as Darth Vader. Yep, I was about 6 or 7, I was OBSESSED with Star Wars, and instead of being the ultra-girly Princess Leia, I went for the heavy breathing black-suited wonder himself. My costume was one of those store-bought, vinyl outfits with the plastic mask. It rocked. If I can find a picture of it I'll post it sometime. I know they exist...

3 comments:

GreenTuna said...

Gorillas in a French Maid's costume? Or just insane UoM misguided revelers? I think you know the answer to this one. GO STATE!!

Johnny Newt said...

Kat, I hear that you still like to do some heavy breathing while prancin' around in some black vinal. Ha Ha I couldn't resist! No seriously though, do you have any pictures of that ???

Anonymous said...

Haha that's amazing.. I've never heard of a girl that went Halloween-ing as Darth Vader...

Great blog.