Monday, September 19

Here we go again
In case you haven't heard, the Spice Girls are back. Except this time it's different chicks and there are more of them and they're calling themselves the Pussycat Dolls. I made this discovery by watching MTV recently.

And it's official, I am too old to watch MTV now. I tried to watch the Video Music Awards and realized that, aside from Diddy (formerly known as P. Diddy, formerly known as Puff Daddy, nee Sean Combs), I knew absolutely no one. I knew none of the music, none of the artists. Oh wait, I knew Usher too. And Kanye "Media Whore of the Moment" West. But from there, I was completely lost.

That's OK, just a little farther down the dial is a channel that has welcomed me with open arms... vh-1. I swear, there is almost always something on that channel that will at least kill some time while I am feeding the baby. And if it's an "I love the 80's" or "I love the 90's" marathon, I have to force myself to turn it off otherwise I will watch six back-to-back episodes.

Yeah. It's pretty sad, come to think of it.

No comments: