Thursday, September 29

Bad mom
So, last night I did what I am sure is the first of many "bad mom" things to my child. He's had a little bit of a cough, also known as the Day Care Crud (tm Margaret). So yesterday I called his pediatrician and the nurse told me to a) run a cool mist humidifier in his room and b) elevate his head while he sleeps.

Cool mist humidifier? Check. We set that up and it was ready to roll for him.
Elevating the head? Um, yeah. So here's what happened.

I lifted up the (flimsy) mattress in his bassinette (his crib is still on back order, but don't even get me started on that) and shoved two towels underneath, creating a slope that Picabo Street would envy. Even though it looked odd like that, I asked my husband and he said it looked fine to him. So I left it that way.

I put little Banks in there (nickname has been shortened from McBanks) and he drifted off to sleep.

I heard him making some noise around 1 a.m. so I got up to check on him. Poor thing had slid down the slope and was now lodged diagonally in the bottom of the bassinette.

But he was still sleeping. So I left him there. My rule is, if the baby's sleeping, LEAVE HIM ALONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

When he woke up at 3, I took one of the towels out. So I'm not THAT bad of a mom, I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GreenTuna said...

And here I was thinking that you gave him some whiskey and honey for the cough. Because maybe I might have done that once. But maybe not. .... oh yeah, I did.

Goddamn Batman said...

Yeah, whiskey and honey is good for a cough, but not for an infant. That wasn't too bad of a mom thing.

Margaret said...

Jagermeister worked for me!

When Kennedi had the Day Care Crud about that age, I let her sleep in the carrier thing for the car. At bedtime, I buckled her in, covered her with a blanket, put the carrier in the bed/bassinet and she slept soundly...It took only one Sleeping Avalanche, and I HAD to get creative!