Friday, August 26

Moo
The trip to the office went well. Daniel slept pretty much the entire time, but woke up to eat, and then spit up while Bad Lady was holding him (ha!)

I was glad to see my co-workers, most of them anyway.

But the highlight of the afternoon was when my boss called me a cow.

The context: someone was holding my son, and I had gone to the bathroom and come back, and so he turned to look at me. My boss, who was standing behind me, said, "There's the cow!"

Mind you, he said this in front of his all-female staff plus a couple of women from other departments, so I have a full room of witnesses. I whipped around to glare at him and said, "WHAT did you call me?"

"What! I meant, you know, the milk."

"Remember in Pittsburgh when I told you I hated you?" I said a couple of minutes later. "This is kind of like that."

I swear, he is lucky that I have a sense of humor. Because another person might not have let that one slide. However, I am not going to let him forget it, EVER. He called me a freaking cow.

No comments: