Thursday, June 29

OK, now I'm mad
I got a new computer at work this week. Usually, this would be a joyous occasion, but there was nothing wrong with the old one, other than it was old. It worked fine, never wonked out, all the programs worked, and most importantly, I had everything just the way I like it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm glad I now have the Photoshop CS2 and all that jazz, but now there's this admin b.s. on my computer and I can't download Itunes. Ergo, I can't listen to all of the stuff I've previously downloaded (thank God I saved the folder where all the music was, otherwise, that would have been ghandi). Not only that, but I can't change any settings without the blessing of a techie. Forget about updating flash, quicktime, etc., because it's not happening. Which means, I also can't watch my favorite new vlogger, Ze.

Thankfully I still can surf the net without any repurcussions, otherwise I don't know if I could handle it. A friend of mine had his net surfing kibboshed at work when they erected (*beavis laugh*) a firewall that blocks out all entertainment-related sites. God help me if that happens here. Or rather, God help the techies.

1 comment:

lifeonhold said...

I'd be burning mad. SOME internet entertainment should be considered 'perks' for the 'little guys'.

Things are pretty liberal at the small company I work for and the internet perks are definately a consideration when I think of looking elsewhere.