Monday, June 19

Doodle update: Keep off the grass
The just-turned-11 month old Doodle is full of curiosity. There's nothing on this earth he isn't afraid to put in his mouth. No nook or cranny he isn't afraid to explore.

Except the grass.

I have been taking him outside and sitting out on a beach towel with him in our backyard. I bring all sorts of toys and snacks for him and me both to enjoy. After he gets acclimated to the backyard surroundings, he starts to climb on me and pull himself up to a standing position.

But for all the money in the world he will not set one little tootsie on the grass. That beach towel may as well be the end of the earth as far as he's concerned. He even skeeves when his hand veers off the towel and into the Great Unknown.

This could be a good thing, however. Instant babysitter, know what I'm sayin'? I set him down on the beach towel, go do a load of laundry, go grocery shopping, catch up on whatever crap I've tivoed for the week... and then go check up on him. He'd still be on that damn towel! Especially if there was a bag of Pepperidge Farm goldfish on that towel with him!

No comments: